Friday 9 July 2010

What is wrong with you?!

I went on some very good training in Digital advertising today. I was, however, astonished at the lack of knowledge about even the most basic internet phenomena amongst my peers and colleagues.

I'm not talking about anything advanced like coding your own website or fiddling with meta-data (incidentally a phrase no-one had heard of) but I was incredibly disappointed that my fellow admen and adwomen needed to be shown how to use Twitter and what iGoogle is. These were people in their 20s.

I have no words...and they're wondering why their agencies aren't picking up more digital briefs, or why they're struggling to sell in digital ideas to clients. Maybe it's because you're using a FUCKING TYPEWRITER and FAXING the work over to them?

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment